The reason we have to do body composition and urine testing is for the health of the athlete. We want to insure their weight loss will be safe and in weekly amounts that will not dehydrate their body or be too rapid.
THE ASSESSMENT PROCESS:
The date will Be NOVEMBER 29 after school
Photo ID is Mandatory for all athletes to have with them throughout the assessment process. Acceptable ID; WA drivers license, this years school ID.
PREPARING FOR SPECIFIC GRAVITY TEST:
Two days prior to test day:
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day; Athletes should be drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water during the day.
- Increase intake of foods high in fiber, this will assist with the removal of excess waste from body. (Salads, cereal with skim milk, vegetables, fruits are examples of foods high in fiber)
- Eat smaller more frequent meals
- AVOID food high in fat (fried foods, meat, French fries, pizza, nuts, salad dressings etc.)
- AVOID salty foods (potato chips, pretzels, pizza, tuna, crackers, soft drinks, sports drinks)
- Be sure that you eat and drink, do not dehydrate.
One day before test:
- Continue drinking fluids, you should be urinating on a frequent basis. Urine should be clear if you are fully hydrated.
- Eat smaller, but more frequent meals. Continue eating fibrous foods to eliminate excessive waste from the body
- Fatty foods/snacks will stay in your body, AVOID them.
Day of test:
- Eat small portions, eat a very light lunch if afternoon testing.
- Eat lighter foods such as fruit and grains.
- Continue to drink water, 2 hours prior to testing, drink 24 ounces of water.
- Do not drink salty drinks such as sports drinks or carbonated beverages and caffeinated beverages. This may cause you to retain fluids.
- Urinate as frequently as possible until one to two hours prior to test time
- Avoid vigorous physical activities that cause excessive sweating
Calculation of Body Fat: The Lohman Equation for Males using three site measurements and the Boileau Equation for Females using two site measurements.
Assessment Check list for wrestlers
All wrestlers MUST show PHOTO ID
All wrestlers must bring $5.00 (cash preferred)
All wrestler will be assessed wearing:
Shorts – boys
Shorts & sports bra – girls
(ALL athletes will weigh in wearing the above clothing. For weigh in purposes, nylon shorts are recommended)
All wrestlers must pass hydration
Talk with coach about proper hydration
WITHOUT PHOTO ID, $5.00, AND PROPER CLOTHING
THE WRESTLER WILL NOT BE ASSESSED.