EVERGREEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS
DECLARATION AND BELIEFS
We declare that all students in the Evergreen Public Schools will have the opportunity to attain the skills necessary to be world-competitive upon graduation.
· We believe in a school system where no child is expendable. Every student, without exception, has the potential for growth, improvement, and success in life.
· We believe all students, given the right environment, will learn and excel when provided with authentically engaging work based on high standards.
· We believe that students are our priority and decisions must be made on the basis of what is best for each child.
· We believe that a world-competitive school system is dependent on utilizing the unique talents and perspectives of staff, families, and community members.
· We believe all students, given the right environment and unwavering guidance, will develop the skills needed to face moral and ethical life challenges with integrity, honesty, and self respect.
To operationalize our beliefs we commit to the following:
· We commit to providing meaningful, engaging work for all students.
· We commit to creating an environment for students and staff that is free of violence, drugs, and bullying.
· We commit to providing the necessary resources to meet the social, emotional, and academic needs of all students.
· We commit to creating an environment that eliminates the glass ceilings for students and staff.
· We commit to creating an unparalleled customer-focused environment.
· We commit to effective communication with all shareholders in Evergreen Public Schools.
· We commit to providing highly engaging staff development activities that improve instruction and create an environment of continuous improvement.
· We commit to comprehensive, inclusive curriculum alignment that ensures all students will be world-competitive upon graduation.
· We commit to creating a fiscally responsible system where the allocation and expenditure of resources focus on the core business of Evergreen Public Schools.
· We commit to providing the tools and technologies that support highly engaging learning experiences for all students.
· We commit to developing and maintaining productive partnerships with the community at large that will enhance student learning.
· We commit to recruiting and retaining a highly qualified, diverse workforce.
· We commit to safe, orderly and well-maintained school facilities.
· We commit to creating an environment that supports and expects ethical, respectful, and responsible students.